Friday, June 6, 2014

Double Palm



Gold Hoop Earrings: Gift from Hubby
Vintage "Pearl" Neckalce: Thrifted
Grey Seed Necklace: Made by Hubby's Grandmother
Tassel Necklace: DIY
Stud Bracelet and Yellow Stretch Bracelets: Burk's Outlet
Ceramic Watch: TJMaxx
Top: JCPenny
Skirt: Thrifted
Belt: Thrifted
Shoes: DSW (clearance)

I don't know if I'll be keeping this skirt.  It kept bunching up all day!  I was constantly pulling and tugging and checking it for unattractive bulges.  Ugh!

I do wonder if it would behave better if I were a bit more trim?  This was the first time I have been able to get it on (I bought it just after having my second and couldn't get it past my thighs then).  My friends at church really liked it (and so do I), so I put it back in the closet for the time being.  If it doesn't fit better by the next closet purge, it'll have to go.

When I started putting this outfit together, I first tried a leopard blouse.  It looked nice, but just wasn't what I wanted.  I had given up on an alternative, when I came across this top crammed and hidden between the rest of my tops.  It has palm leaves, the skirt has palm trees.  It has Lime and Light Turquoise, the skirt has Lime and Dark Turquiose.  What a match!!!

The top needed to be tucked in, but it would have showed through the White skirt.  What to do?  Knot it.  But I had already planned to wear the seashell belt, and the outfit needed it.  Not to worry, I have worn a belt with a knotted shirt before, so I knew it would still work.  Last time I belted above the knot, this time under.

I was so happy to have the perfect Lime eyeshadow to go with my outfit!  Lime is such a fun color to wear. :o)

JJ

Linking up with Passion for Fashion


 photo 180x180FifButton_zps35920849.png

9 comments:

  1. I really like this outfit - the freshness of the lime green with white and aqua and the palm fronds makes me think of a tropical island. Lovely accessories too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Freshness"...that's what I felt wearing it too! Thanks Penny-Rose.

      Delete
  2. Love the skirt...definitely hold on to it for awhile! Don't you hate it when there's just a few extra pounds hanging around...just enough to make your clothes "sort of" not fit right? I'm right there with ya...I put on about 5 over the winter and typically they're gone by March. Not this year, and my clothes aren't quite right. Since I'm not buying a whole new wardrobe guess I better get my butt in gear so my stuff fits right!
    PS...love the lime eye shadow!
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not buying a new wardrobe either, those last 5 pounds can sure hang on hard though! :o)

      Delete
  3. Love the outfit love the jewelry JJ! About the skirt, some material just do it no matter what. It wouldn't matter if you loose weight, they are just like that.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, I'll just have to see how it fits by the end of Summer. :o)

      Delete
  4. Thanks Dawn, I had quite the bare expanse to cover to make the top church friendly. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcome :o)